Gordon Law Group Annual Scholarship
AMOUNT: $1,500 | APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 15, 2022
Gordon Law Group is an award-winning Chicago law firm focusing on 3 core practice areas: Tax Law, Business Law, and Cryptocurrency Law.
We understand the increasing costs of college tuition makes it more difficult to graduate college for many outstanding students across the nation. We offer an annual scholarship to an undergraduate or law school student who submits the best essay addressing the given topic.
This scholarship is open to anyone who:
- Is a US citizen or permanent US resident
- Will be enrolled full-time in an accredited community college, college or university, or accredited law school in the Fall of 2022
Application Deadline & Requirements
Deadline: July 15, 2022
- The student must complete the online application below. Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
- The student must provide proof of enrollment should they be selected for the scholarship.
- By submitting an application, the student agrees that their essay may be published, in whole or in part, on the gordonlawltd.com website or any other marketing channels owned by Gordon Law Group.
How to Apply
Choose one of the following topics:
1. Cryptocurrency Regulation
Is regulation of the cryptocurrency and blockchain economy helpful or hurtful? Explain your stance.
2. Digital Nomad Taxes
As the world increasingly embraces remote work, what tax challenges do companies and employees face? Should U.S. tax law be updated to better accommodate the digital nomad lifestyle?
3. Marketing Law
In the promotion of products or services, the FTC requires disclosure of any material relationships. For example, if an influencer is paid to promote a product, they must disclose that they received compensation.
Do these requirements go far enough to protect consumers? Why or why not?
Choose an essay format:
Option 1: Written Essay
- Up to 1,500 words
- Must contain at least 3 references/links to authoritative sources
- Upload a Word document or PDF
Option 2: Video Essay
- Up to 7 minutes in length
- Must contain at least 3 references to authoritative sources
- Any aspect ratio
- Any visual style
- Upload an MP4 file OR submit a URL to the video on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Submit your application:
If you’re having trouble with this form, please email [email protected] with the subject Scholarship Submission.
Announcement of Scholarship Winner
The decision of the committee is final. The winner will be notified via email or phone by September 1, 2022. The funds will be disbursed directly to the college or university to be used for tuition only. Gordon Law Group has the sole right to resolve any disputes which may arise in the selection of the winner.