Job Opening: Tax & Business Marketing Lead
Gordon Law Group is looking for an experienced content marketer to lead our efforts for the Tax & Business departments. This is a multi-faceted role touching on written content, video, and social media engagement.
You’ll be filling a new role at a fast-growing company. You will have ample opportunity to bring new, creative ideas to the table; lead new initiatives; and advance based on exceptional work.
About Gordon Law Group:
We’re a tax, business, and cryptocurrency law firm based in Chicagoland and serving clients around the globe. We help our clients save money, avoid legal headaches, and gain peace of mind.
Our Tax department helps individuals and businesses with everything from simple tax return preparation to severe tax problems. Our Business department helps businesses of all sizes protect what they’ve built through legal compliance and defense.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the Tax & Business sections of our editorial calendar, including selecting topics based on SEO opportunities, news, and trends
- Create a minimum of 4 search-optimized blog posts per month and upload posts to WordPress complete with featured images, tags, metadata, etc.
- Work with our attorneys to repurpose written content into a minimum of 4 YouTube-optimized videos per month
- Develop lead magnets (ebooks, checklists, webinars) for Tax & Business
- Provide high-level assistance to our Social Media Manager; advise on content themes and ensure quality of posts related to Tax & Business
- Identify social media groups with relevant audiences; regularly share our content and engage in conversations
- Use analytics to monitor content performance and create actionable insights
- Identify new opportunities to grow the Tax & Business departments
Skills & experience you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of content marketing experience
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills; ability to break down complex topics into easily digestible terms
- Experience writing about tax, business, or financial topics a plus—but candidates with a demonstrated history of quick learning will also be considered
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Extreme attention to detail; what you don’t know must be fact-checked
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Basic design skills (using Canva) and video editing skills
- Social media marketing & email marketing experience a plus
- Competitive healthcare plan (eligible after 3 months)
- 401(k) with employer matching (eligible after 1 year)
- 1 work-from-home day per week
- Opportunities for bonuses and raises based on clear, pre-defined expectations
How to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Please don’t let imposter syndrome stop you from applying! We would love to hear from you.