About John Nagle
John Nagle is the Manager of our Tax Controversy Department and a seasoned tax attorney with over a decade of experience overseeing hundreds of cases against the IRS and state tax agencies. His practice areas include audit defense, tax debt resolutions, FBARs and foreign disclosures, and criminal tax defense.
John has saved his clients millions of dollars through negotiations, penalty abatements, and audit defense and has successfully released hundreds of tax levies on bank accounts and wages.
Prior to joining Gordon Law Group, John served as the managing attorney at a national tax defense firm. In addition to serving his clients, he trained new attorneys to advocate aggressively and successfully for their clients’ tax resolutions.
John earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science at the University of Illinois and his Juris Doctor at the University of Illinois, Chicago. During his studies, he was a member of the Trial Advocacy and Dispute Resolution Honor Council, a member of the Dean’s List, and a CALI Award recipient.
While not at the office, John enjoys kayaking, golfing, and traveling the world.
- Crypto Tax Problems in the 2023 Tax Season – CryptoCFOs WaterCooler Wednesday (February 2023)
- FTX Meltdown Explained – WGN Let’s Get Legal (November 2022)
- Small Businesses Targeted for Illinois Audits – WGN Let’s Get Legal (June 2022)
Top Practice Areas
- Juris Doctor, University of Illinois Chicago
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Admissions & Certifications
- Illinois Licensed Attorney
- Admitted to the Federal Court for Northern District of Illinois
- Admitted to the Federal Court for Central District of Illinois
- Admitted to the U.S. Tax Court