Andrew Gordon, Esq.
Partner; Tax Attorney & CPA
About Andrew Gordon
Andrew B. Gordon is the managing attorney of Gordon Law Group. Not only is he a practicing attorney who graduated from Chicago Kent College of Law, but he is also a Certified Public Accountant with a BA and Master’s Degree from the University of Illinois.
During law school, Andrew volunteered at the school’s Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, where he gained experience assisting with tax issues. He also clerked at the IRS Office of Chief Counsel and chaired an IRS fraud trial.
At the practice, Andrew concentrates on tax controversy and compliance, cryptocurrency law, FTC defense, internet law, and corporate litigation. He’s also popular among tech startups and affiliate marketers looking to stay on the right side of the legal fence while enhancing their bottom lines and minimizing liability.
Andrew works diligently to ensure the people he helps get the best possible results. And he fights relentlessly for clients’ interests, saving them thousands of dollars all while providing them with peace of mind.
Andrew Gordon is an active member of the Chicago Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, and other community organizations.
Success Stories and Videos
2016 – 2022
- Strafford Webinar, 2023
Presenter: New IRS Guidance for the Taxation of NFTs: Applicable Tax Rules, NFT Transactions, Issues for Attorneys and Taxpayers
- NFT NYC, 2023
Speaker on panel: Big NFT Tax Changes and How to Save Money
- Law of Code, 2023
Podcast guest – Listen here
- International Blockchain Congress, 2019
Panelist: The Rapidly Evolving State of the Legal and Regulatory Regime
- Milwaukee Blockchain Conference, 2018
Keynote Speaker: Blockchain & Regulatory Uncertainty
- Voice of Blockchain Conference, 2018
Speaker: How Cryptocurrency is Taxed
- John L. Keeley Jr. Center for Financial Services and the Department of Finance at DePaul University, 2018
Panelist: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency: Promise or Peril?
- University of Chicago, 2018
Speaker: UChicago Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Educational Event
- General Assembly, 2018
Panelist: Tech and Cryptocurrency: How to Get Into the Blockchain Industry
- International Blockchain Congress, 2018
Panelist: Legal & Regulatory Panel
Top Practice Areas
- Juris Doctor, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Master in Accounting Science, University of Illinois
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Illinois
Admissions & Certifications
- Illinois Licensed Attorney
- Certified Public Accountant
- Admitted to the Federal Court for Northern District of Illinois
- Admitted to the U.S. Tax Court
- Blockchain Institute - Director
- West Loop Community Organization - Board Member
- Chicago Kent College of Law - Adjunct Professor, Emerging Technologies
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member